King’s Oak Academy is founded on three core purposes which allow our students to achieve excellent outcomes in a caring and stimulating learning community:
- LEADERSHIP is supportive and visible. Trust is evident through clear communication and consistent approaches;
BEHAVIOUR at the Academy follows clear expectations and boundaries, meaning that learning built on trust;
- The CURRICULUM is trustworthy through its relevance both locally as well as nationally, enabling learners to enter the wider world with the confidence and skills allowing them to follow their dreams;
- LEARNING and TEACHING allows teachers as well as students to develop professional skills and work together, trusting everyone to build upon the best practice of both primary and secondary colleagues.
- LEADERSHIP is based on Respect. This is demonstrated as all staff, students and families are recognised as leaders and role models within the Academy;
- BEHAVIOUR is such that all students develop in a positive and happy environment at King’s Oak Academy; students and staff respect each other as shown through complete engagement in learning;
- The CURRICULUM is respected by students as their experience of it gives them every opportunity to learn to depth and master core skills in every subject. They are offered choices at all stages of learning to ensure they follow their own pathway to success;
- LEARNING and TEACHING is based on everyone respecting the right to learn at all times; learning is challenging and stretches everyone.
- LEADERSHIP opportunities given to students important. Student leadership inspires us and, therefore, has a genuine impact on the Academy community;
- BEHAVIOUR : staff and students have visible pride in the Academy, inspiring us all to continually try to better ourselves;
- The CURRICULUM is inclusive and empowering, inspiring excitement, purpose, ambition and aspiration in every student;
- LEARNING and TEACHING inspires us all by being passionate and enquiry based. We are developing confident young people, not just learners and we have the highest expectations of every single student in our care.
Through these core purposes, we aim to work with parents, carers and the wider community to help our young people be ambitious for themselves, confident and responsible, as well as creative in nurturing their own individuality.
The Acorn is a supportive and collaborative community, where everyone is valued and nurtured to enable them to develop and thrive as independent learners. This is achieved through personalised challenges, high expectations and positive relationships.
In the Acorn, these are the ten things which we hold at the heart of everything we do.