The normal Reception day runs as follows:
Gates open: 8:30am
Registration starts: 8:40am
Morning session: 8:40 – 12.00pm *
Lunch: 12:00 – 1:00pm
Afternoon session: 1.00 – 3.00pm
School finishes: 3pm
*During this time the children will have a break for milk and fruit. At the start of the day, the school gate will be opened by a member of staff at 8.15am and the children can wait on the main playground. At 8:30am the classrooms are opened and the children will be greeted by their teacher. During the first few weeks you are welcome to stay and settle your child, if they need reassurance. However, in my experience, it is best to leave reasonably promptly to avoid too much upset. We are happy for you to call us later in the day to check they have settled.
At the end of the day, the children are collected from the garden room door, unless they are going to after school club. It is much easier for the children and teachers to spot parents if you stand well back from the door. In line with the law, we can only hand children over to a designated person. If someone different is collecting your child please telephone the office or send a note in with your child. While we are getting to know you in the first few weeks, it is helpful to wave to make yourself known to the staff. Please be patient until we match all the adults to their children, we don’t want to make mistakes! To assist with a smooth handover please refrain from talking with the teacher until all children have been handed over. If you do have any concerns they will be happy to discuss these when all the children are safely with their parents.
All children are entitled to a free school lunch (meat, vegetarian, jacket potato or sandwich) or they can bring in a packed lunch from home.
|8:15||Gate is unlocked|
|8:40||Students on site|
|8.45||Students wait at Roll Call locations|
|9:00||Tutor Time Reading/Assembly|
|15:15||End of the Academy day|
- Students are expected to be punctual at all times.
- There are 6 lessons per day, with each being 50 minutes in length. There are 2 lessons before morning break, 2 lessons between morning break and lunch time and 2 lessons between lunch time and the end of the Academy day.
- The timetable operates on a one week cycle.
- Only students who go home to lunch or have special permission to leave the premises are allowed to leave the Academy site during school hours.
- All students who are not staying for games or any other organised activity should have left the school by 15:35.